If I do not own the device, could I still trade-in?
Stolen phones (you can check whether the mobile phone is recorded on SPEX at this website: https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/find-out/stolen-and-lost-property-index. In the event that the mobile phone is found to be reported lost or stolen, the seller’s particulars will be submitted to the police as required by the law.
What should I do with my device it is not eligible for trade-in? / What can I do with these devices that I no-longer in use?
We do offer free disposal assistance for our valuable customers at no cost. Simply send us the devices to Bugis Junction @ Level 3, Unit 25. (Digital Hospital) Our official recycler partner is Cimelia Resource Recovery.
Is the price quoted from your website final? / How much will I get for my device?
The age, condition, and accessories included will affect the trade-in value of your items. Use our estimator at Evaluation to get an estimate for what your item may be worth. PC Dreams will evaluate your device and provide a competitive offer based on several factors, including age, condition, included accessories and current resale prices.
How do you assess the condition of my product?
Our employees grade the condition and perform a functionality check. At a minimum, in order for us to accept a device it must turn on and function as a user would normally expect. There can’t be missing power supplies, and a battery powered device must run on its own battery. We assign a condition grade based upon our inspection:
The device is fully functional with no technical problems and has no scratches, dents or dings. Shows signs of normal use.
The device is fully functional with no technical problems, and only a few scratches due to normal use. If the device has a screen, there are no scratches or burned-out pixels. Moderate physical damage and fully functional.
Significant physical damage or does not function properly.
There is an issue with the device so that the device is not eligible for trade-in, including but not limited to the following:
- It has functional damage or product failure that affects its ability to perform its function or impairs its use;
- It has been recalled or withdrawn from sale;
- It has water damage or damage from other fluids;
- It shows indications of a serial number modification or tampering;
- It has insect/rodent infestation/damage;
- The factory seal has been broken;
- A password has not been cleared;
- The device is still attached to an active account (mobile phones only);
- The “Find My Device” function has not been disabled.
Eligible device does not have any monetary value but will be collected and sent to a recycling partner that complies with the highest industry standards regarding the reuse, refurbishment or recycling of products as well as waste disposal generated from the recycling process.
If the device is not accepted for trade-in, we can responsibly recycle it. To learn more about our Recycling Program, see pcdreams.com/Recycle.
For Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices that use iOS 7 and above, you must disable the “Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod” function before the start of the trade-in transaction.
How to Turn Off “Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod”:
- Tap on your “Settings” icon and go to the “iCloud” section.
- If “Find My iPhone” is turned on, tap the slider to turn it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap “Turn Off.”
- Verify that “Find My iPhone” has been turned off.
For Android 5.0 or newer, you must reset the device to factory settings before the start of the trade-in transaction.
- Make sure the device is connected to the Internet or to the mobile network.
- Open the Google Settings menu.
- Under “Personal,” touch “Backup and reset.” You may need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password.
- Under “Personal Data,” touch “Factory data reset.”
- Read the information on the screen and touch “Reset phone.”
- If the screen is locked, you will need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password.
- When prompted, touch “Erase everything” to erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- When the device has finished erasing, select the option to reboot your device.
What if I feel that I should receive more value for my product? Will there be room for negotiation and feedback?
While we welcome and value feedback from our customers, our trade-in values are fixed at the time of our evaluation based on the type of product traded in, its market value, and its condition. However, once the device is received and physically assessed our team will reach you to secure the final value of the product.
The product description doesn’t match with the actual device.
Please be advised that payment transaction will be temporarily on hold and our team will reach you to discuss and renegotiate the product value that we received. Should you decide to cancel the trade-in thereafter, there will be a surcharge of S$19 administration and return delivery fees.
If I trade in my item online, what happens if after the item is received at the Trade-in Center, PC Dreams' evaluation of the item is different than the quote based on my description?
You will receive an e-mail explaining why a different value was assigned. You have the choice of accepting the updated quote, or having the item returned to you at your cost.