All IT show related Terms & FAQs
Customer must accept these Terms and Conditions as stated here, in order to complete a Product trade through the program
- Trade-in & Recycling Program is provided by PC Dreams Pte Ltd (“PC Dreams” as part of a contracted service provided by PC Dreams to its partners, no cost to Customers.)
- “Trade-in & Recycling Program” means the responsible reuse of the Product or its parts.
- Customer affirms that he/she is at least 18 years of age.
- “Customer” means the undersigned that is the owner of the Product or has been authorized by the owner of the Product to make decisions on the Product.
- PC Dreams reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or limit the program for any reason and may change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The Program is provided for lawful purposes only, to the extent permitted by law, Customer agrees to indemnify PC Dreams, its affiliate and any of its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents from and against any claims brought against any of them arising from Customer’s breach of the terms and conditions of the Program.
- PC Dreams reserves the right to re-quote if the information provided is inaccurately declared on the online evaluation form.
1. Laptops/Notebooks/Tablet/Desktop and All-in-one devices.
- Minimum requirement processors from 1st generation and above, i.e: Intel Core IX-XXX/ Intel Pentium Core M-5yXX or Intel Atom Z5-8XXX.
- Any processor older than what is listed above is no longer eligible for trade-in.
- Self-Assembled or DIY devices will not be considered nor eligible for trade-in.
(For AMD processors, please enquire VIA WhatsApp @ +65-6333 3343)
2. All Android devices(Mobile & Tablets Only).
- Minimum requirement on Android version 6.0 and above.
- Rooted devices or any software altered devices will not be considered nor eligible for trade-in.
3. Apple Mobile & Tablet.
- Minimum requirement on iOS 12.0 and above, anything below will not be eligible nor consider for trade-in.
- Jailbreak devices or any software altered devices will not be considered nor eligible for trade-in.
4. LCD Display.
- Within 4 year from manufacturing date.
- Minimum requirement 21 inches and above, all below 21 inches will not be considered nor eligible for trade-in.
*Trade-in value may vary and determine by Physical functionality, Cosmetic conditions, Defects or incomplete accessories. Example: Power Adaptors & Cable, Port dongles and other attached items with the original package.
**PC Dreams reserved the right on not accepting your device for trade-in without prior notice if the declared item description were unmatched from the physical device.
***Export or devices that are not meant to be sold in Singapore will be taken consideration on acceptance at a lower value.
Our employees grade the condition and perform a functionality check. At a minimum, in order for us to accept a device, it must turn on and function as a user would normally expect. There can’t be missing power supplies, and a battery powered device must run on its own battery. We assign a condition grade based upon our inspection:
The device is fully functional with no technical problems and has no scratches, dents or dings. Shows signs of normal use.
The device is fully functional with no technical problems, and only a few scratches due to normal use. If the device has a screen, there are no scratches or burned-out pixels. Moderate physical damage and fully functional.
Significant physical damage or does not function properly.
There is an issue with the device so that the device is not eligible for trade-in, including but not limited to the following:
- It has functional damage or product failure that affects its ability to perform its function or impairs its use;
- It has been recalled or withdrawn from sale;
- It has water damage or damage from other fluids;
- It shows indications of a serial number modification or tampering;
- It has insect/rodent infestation/damage;
- The factory seal has been broken;
- A password has not been cleared;
- The device is still attached to an active account (mobile phones only);
- The “Find My Device” function has not been disabled.
Eligible device does not have any monetary value but will be collected and sent to a recycling partner that complies with the highest industry standards regarding the reuse, refurbishment or recycling of products as well as waste disposal generated from the recycling process.
If the device is not accepted for trade-in, we can responsibly recycle it. To learn more about our Recycling Program, see pcdreams.com/Recycle.
Privacy & Protection
How about the data stored on my device, how can you ensure that is properly removed from my devices?
Apply to all IT gadgets.
The current PDPA regulation requires any data still left in any device to be completely erased. You can be rest assured that none of your important information will be left in your device as we comply to industrial standard with our ISO 27001 Certified data erasure processes.
What will happen to the data in my memory card?
Similarly to the IT gadgets, we will erased the data according to our ISO 27001 process.
Memory cards will not be returned unless specifically requested by customers.
Do you guys help for backing my data?
We suggest ensuring that all personal data is backed up beforehand. Once the devices are received, there will be no turning back to retrieve personal data.
Why do you collect personal information and what do you do with it?
The PC Dreams Trade-In Program is subject to secondhand dealer laws, which regulate the buying of used personal property. Many of these laws require businesses to collect information about the seller and the purchased product, and report it to law enforcement in an effort to reduce crime and recover stolen property. In some locations, to comply with applicable law, the personal information collected may include:
- Full Name
- NRIC/Work Pass No.
- Residential Address
- Contact Number