Samsung Online Trade Up programme
- Samsung Online Trade Up programme (“Programme”) is only open to customers who (i) purchase an eligible Samsung Galaxy device (“Eligible Samsung Device”) from 1 February 2020 onwards from Samsung authorised retailers, (ii) are Singapore residents aged 18 years and above, and (iii) have a bank account in Singapore.
- The Programme is provided by PC Dreams Pte Ltd (“PC Dreams”) as an independent third party. Please note that additional trade-in terms may apply between PC Dreams and Programme participants upon confirmation to proceed with the trade-in.
- The actual trade-in value of the trade-in device will be determined by PC Dreams at its sole discretion depending on the device model and condition. In this regard, the final trade-in value can only be determined after the trade-in device has been collected by PC Dreams and assessed by them. Should there be a change in the estimated quote after PC Dreams’ initial evaluation, PC Dreams will contact the participant separately. In such a situation, participants may either choose to accept the revised quote or have the device returned to them at no cost provided that the device model declared in the online evaluation matches the physical model of the device collected for evaluation. Otherwise, a S$19 surcharge will be applied for administrative and return delivery fees.
- To participate in the Programme, ALL of the following information must be submitted via pcdreams.com.sg/samsung:
- Trade-in device model, specifications and declaration of device condition;
- Newly purchased Eligible Samsung Device model, IMEI number and purchase date;
- Proof of purchase of Eligible Samsung Device;
- Participant’s contact details, device collection address and bank account details.
- For customers who have purchased an Eligible Samsung Device from the Samsung Official Stores on Lazada or Shopee: Serial number on the trade-up voucher (“Voucher”), which will be delivered together with the Eligible Samsung Device;
- Where clause 4(e) applies, the original Voucher must be submitted together with the trade-in device when it is collected.
- The IMEI/Serial Number of each Eligible Samsung Device utilised for the Programme will be recorded, to prevent duplicate participation in the Programme. Samsung and/or PC Dreams reserve(s) the right to reject any trade-in where the Eligible Samsung Device IMEI/Serial Number has previously been utilised for the Programme.
- This Programme is only applicable for purchases of Eligible Samsung Devices within the same category as the trade-in device, i.e. trade-in of a smartphone is only allowed when an eligible Samsung smartphone is purchased, whereas trade-in of a tablet is only allowed when an eligible Samsung tablet is purchased. Refer to pcdreams.com.sg/samsung for a full list of eligible trade-in devices. Samsung reserves the right to amend the list of eligible trade-in devices and their respective trade-in values at any time without prior notice.
- Payment for the Eligible Samsung Device must be made in full or instalment-approved to be eligible for this Programme.
- This Programme is applicable to end-customers only; not trade, corporate or bulk purchases.
- Each customer is entitled to participate in this Programme once per Eligible Samsung Device purchased, up to a maximum of 3 trade-ins per transaction (even if more than 3 Eligible Samsung Devices are purchased in that single transaction).
- Participation in this Programme is only valid for 60 days from the date of purchase of the Eligible Samsung Device. No extension of the validity period is allowed and unutilised Vouchers (if any) will be forfeited.
- Samsung reserves the right to reject Programme participation by persons whose details do not match the proof of purchase document(s), if Samsung suspects the promotional code or Voucher (if any) to be false or tampered with in any way, or if Samsung otherwise believes in its sole discretion that any of these Terms and Conditions have not been complied with.
- Product returns of Eligible Samsung Devices shall be valid only if the relevant product(s) are returned together with the Voucher(s) and free gift(s) (if any). All returns are additionally subject to the terms and conditions of the respective retailers.
- Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or amend, suspend or terminate the Programme at any time without prior notice and without assigning any reason.
FAQ About The Programme
How does the Samsung Online Trade Up programme work?
The Samsung Trade Up Programme (“Programme”) is provided by PC Dreams, a Samsung-approved independent third-party vendor (“Trade Up Vendor”), and gives customers the opportunity to receive monetary value for trading in their eligible devices (“Eligible Trade-in Device”) when they purchase a new Galaxy S21 5G/S21+5G/ S21 Ultra 5G/ S20/S20 FE 5G/S20+/S20+ BTS Edition/S20 Ultra 5G/ Z Flip/Z Flip 5G/ Fold/ Z Fold2 5G/ Note20/Note20 5G/Note20 Ultra 5G/ Tab S5e Series/ Tab S6 Series/ Tab S7 Series (“Eligible Samsung Device”).
Customers can purchase the Eligible Samsung Device via any authorised channel (Samsung Experience Stores, Samsung Online Store, Electronics/IT Stores, Samsung Official Stores on Lazada and Shopee) to qualify for the Samsung Trade Up programme. Customers may participate in this programme via selected local Samsung Experience Stores (313@Somerset/Causeway Point/VivoCity/Westgate) or opt to trade in online. Trade-in values listed on Samsung Trade Up website are only approximate valuations. The actual value of your Eligible Trade-in Device will depend on the device’s actual condition. To obtain an accurate quote for your Eligible Trade-in Device, please bring the device to the selected Samsung Experience Store for device diagnostics or do an online evaluation here. The Programme is applicable to end-customers only; not trade, corporate or bulk purchases.
Why trade-in your device with us online?
Online trade-in is fuss-free! The trade-in evaluation only takes a few minutes and can be done at your own convenience. Thereafter, we will collect your trade-in device at a date/time of your choosing. If the trade-in request is approved, the trade-in price will be transferred to your local bank account within 14 business days.
Who can take part in the Programme?
The Programme is only open to customers who (i) purchase an Eligible Samsung Device from authorized retailers, (ii) are Singapore residents aged 18 years and above, and (iii) have a bank account in Singapore.
How do I participate in this Programme online?
- Click here to start your online evaluation.
- Follow the prompts to submit the relevant information of your Eligible Trade-in Device and obtain an estimated quote for the trade-in value of your device.
- For customers who have purchased an Eligible Samsung Device from the Samsung Official Store on Lazada/Shopee, a photo of the trade-up voucher, clearly showing the serial number, must be submitted.
- Once you accept the trade-in offer, we will need your contact details and bank account information. Rest assured the information will only be used for us to transfer the trade-in value to your local bank account.
- Schedule an appointment for us to collect your trade-in device. This is a complimentary service. Please see the FAQ on “Is there a fee to collect/return my device?” for more information on this service.
- Upon receiving your device, we will run a device diagnosis to ascertain its condition to confirm the estimated quote. If it matches the online evaluation, we will transfer the trade-in value to your local bank account within 14 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays). If there is a discrepancy, our customer service officer will contact you to advise further.
- Should you decline the new quote, we will arrange to deliver the device back to you at no charge.
Is there a time limit to take part in the Programme?
The Programme is only valid for 60 days from the purchase date of your new Eligible Samsung device.
Can I trade-in any smartphone or tablet?
The Programme is only applicable for purchases of Eligible Samsung Devices within the same category as the Eligible Trade-in Device, i.e. trade-in of an eligible smartphone is only allowed when an eligible Samsung smartphone is purchased, and trade-in of an eligible tablet is only allowed when an eligible Samsung tablet is purchased.
Samsung and PC Dreams reserve the right to make changes to the list of eligible smartphone and tablet models on Pcdreams.com.sg/samsung at any time without prior notice.
I am unable to find the brand or model of my current device.
Brands/Models which are not listed as Eligible Trade-in Devices are not eligible for this Programme.
Is it possible to trade in more than one device?
For each Eligible Samsung Device purchased, you are entitled to trade-in only one Eligible Trade-in Device.
2. Eligibility & Evaluation FAQs
If I am not the owner of the Eligible Trade-in Device, can I still take part in the programme?
No, only device owners can take part in the Programme. Samsung reserves the right to reject Programme participation by persons whose details do not match the proof of purchase document(s).
In the event that the Eligible Trade-in Device was previously reported lost or stolen, the participant’s particulars will be submitted to the Singapore Police as required by law.
I am a Samsung Care+ customer. Do I receive extra trade-in value?
Yes. Samsung Care+ customers will receive additional trade-in value when they trade up their current devices to the Galaxy S21 5G/S21+ 5G/S21 Ultra 5G/Note20/Note20 5G/Note20 Ultra 5G/S20/S20 FE 5G/S20+/S20+ BTS Edition/S20 Ultra 5G purchased from authorised resellers within 60 days of purchase date.
For online trade in, please note that this additional trade-in value will only be included in the final quote you receive, after both your trade-in device and Samsung Care+ status are verified.
Please click here for more information on Samsung Care+.
My trade-in device has some defects. Can I trade it in?
Yes, but the trade-in value of the Eligible Trade-in Device will vary according to its condition.
Will you accept my trade-in device if it has gone through any hardware or software modification?
No, we do not accept devices that have gone through any form of modification that differs from the original product, such as rooting or jail-breaking.
I am unable to power up my trade-in device, can I still trade it in?
If you are unable to power up your device due to technical problems or if your device accounts are locked by iCloud Access or Google Find My Device, we will not be able to accept the device.
What can I do with my device if it is not eligible for trade-in?
We offer free disposal for our valuable customers at no cost. Send the device to us at Sim Lim Square, unit #03-01. Our official recycling partner, Cimelia Resource Recovery, complies with the highest industry standards regarding the reuse, refurbishment or recycling of devices as well as waste disposal generated from the recycling process. For more information on our Recycling programme, please click here.
Is the estimated quote from your website final?
The age and condition (including whether S Pen (if any) is attached) will affect the trade-in value of your Eligible Trade-in Device. Use our online estimator to get an estimated quote on your Eligible Trade-in Device value. Upon collecting your Eligible Trade-in Device, we will assess it to verify that its condition matches what was declared in the online estimator. If it is the same, you will receive the trade-in value as per the estimated quote.
If there are discrepancies, the estimated quote may change. We will contact you to explain why a different trade-in value has been assigned. Thereafter, you have the choice of accepting the revised quote or having the device returned to you at no cost provided that the device model declared matches the physical model of the device collected for evaluation. Otherwise, a S$19 surcharge will be applied for administrative and return delivery fees.
How do you assess the condition of my Eligible Trade-in Device?
We will perform a diagnostic test to grade the condition of your Eligible Trade-in Device. All devices should be in working condition. They should not have missing parts and the battery in battery-powered devices must be in working condition We only accept devices purchased in Singapore from authorised retailers and we do not accept devices that are faulty or have been tampered with. Grading conditions can be found at pcdreams.com.sg/tradein-condition/
What if the actual device does not match the product description that was submitted during the online evaluation?
The estimated quote will need to be revised. Our team will contact you to advise the revised trade-in value. Should you decline the revised quote, we will return the device to you. Please note there will be a surcharge of S$19 for administrative and return delivery fees if the device model declared does not match the physical model of the device collected for evaluation.
3. Device Collection FAQs
Is there a fee to collect / return my device?
No, our collection service is complimentary. Should you decline the trade-in after we have collected the device due to a revision in the estimated quote, we will also return the device to you at no charge.
However, in the event that the actual device model we receive differs from what was declared during the online evaluation, we reserve the right to charge a surcharge of S$19 for administrative and return delivery fees.
What items are required for the collection? Do I need to include my device accessories (headset, charger, cables, etc.) for the trade-in?
We will only require your Eligible Trade-in Device (inclusive of battery and attached accessories such as S Pen). You do not need to provide the in-box accessories or packaging for trade-in.
In the case of customers who have purchased an Eligible Samsung Device from the Samsung Official Store on Lazada/Shopee, we will also require your original trade-in voucher.
I have purchased an Eligible Samsung Device from the Samsung Official Store on Lazada/Shopee but I did not receive my trade-in voucher with the promo code when my Galaxy device was delivered. What should I do?
For customers who have purchased an Eligible Samsung Device from the Samsung Official Store on Lazada/Shopee, please contact Lazada or Shopee respectively.
Do I have to remove all accessories from my device (such as screen protector and back cover) before the device is collected?
Yes, this is to ensure that you get the best value for your device through the diagnostic assessment.
Do I need to remove screen lock/pin lock from my device?
Yes, you need to remove all of your device’s security locks (Pattern/Pin/Password/Biometrics/Find my mobile/Gmail account/Samsung account/iCloud/AndroidTM or Google Smart Lock/Carrier activation locks) prior to handing over your Eligible Trade-in Device to us.
Please also delete all personal data in your device prior to handing it over for trade-in. We recommend that you reset your device back to factory default settings so as to delete all personal data. Please ensure you back up your data before resetting your device to factory default settings.
Can I reschedule my collection appointment?
Yes you can, if you notify us at least 24 hours before your appointment. Please Call/WhatsApp our customer support center at +65-6303-0535 to reschedule a new collection date/time. We reserve the right to charge a $15 collection fee for last minute resheduled collections.
Can I cancel the collection appointment and visit your store directly for an assessment?
Yes, store visits are allowed with effect from 19th June 2020. However, this is subject to Government announcements according to COVID-19 developments. Please call/whatsapp +65-6303-0535 before coming by.
Will I be notified before the collection appointment?
Yes, our dispatch staff will give you a call prior to the appointment.
Can I change my pick-up address after the appointment is scheduled?
Sure, please notify us at least 24 hours before your appointment. Please Call/WhatsApp our customer support center at +65-6303-0535 to update your pick-up address.
What happens if the pick-up attempt was unsuccessful?
Please Call/Whatsapp our customer support center at +65-6303-0535 to schedule another collection date/time. However, if the 2nd collection attempt is also unsuccessful, we will void the trade-in request.
I’m not available during the collection appointment. Can I appoint someone else to pass you the device?
Yes, please ensure your appointed representative has your device quotation (Tracking) ID and your copy / original IC for verification purposes.
What is the typical collection time?
The collection time will typically be the appointment time you have booked in the system. However, in cases where backend verification is delayed due to SPF checks or Trade-up IMEI checks, our staff will contact you to reschedule a new collection time.
Will my device get lost or damaged in transition?
There is a maximum insured amount of S$150 in the unlikely event that your Trade-in Device gets lost in transition. PC Dreams and Samsung will not be responsible for any exceptional, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the Programme. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, PC Dreams, Samsung and their affiliates’ entire liability, if any, from any cause whatsoever with respect to this Programme shall not exceed SGD$150.
4. Tracking & Payment FAQs
How do I track my trade-in status?
Please click HERE to track your status.
How will I receive the trade-in payment?
You will receive the trade-in value of your Eligible Trade-in Device via local bank transfer.
How soon can I receive the payment on my trade-in device?
You will receive the payment via bank transfer within 14 business days, excluding weekends and public holidays, if the physical evaluation of the Trade-in Device matches that the online evaluation. If you do not receive the payment after this stipulated period, please Call/WhatsApp our customer support centre at +65-6303-0535.
What if I do not have any (local) bank account number?
You will need to obtain a local bank account as we can only make payment to you via Bank Transfer to a local bank account.
5. Privacy & Protection FAQs
How do you ensure that the data stored on my trade-in device is properly removed?
The current PDPA regulation requires all data in the device to be completely erased. You can rest assured that we comply to industry standards with our ISO 27001 certified data erasure processes.
I forgot to back-up my data before resetting the device back to factory default settings. Are you able to help retrieve the data?
Unfortunately once the device reaches us, all data in the device will be erased and it would not be possible to retrieve the data. Please ensure that all data is backed up before we collect the device.
Why do I need to enter my personal data when I submit an online evaluation? What do you do with my data?
The Programme is subject to secondhand dealer laws, which regulate the buying of used personal property. Many of these laws require businesses to collect information about the seller and the purchased product, and report it to law enforcement in an effort to reduce crime and recover stolen property. In some instances, to comply with applicable law, the personal information collected may include:
- Full Name
- NRIC/Work Pass No.
- Residential Address
- Contact Number
6. Others FAQ
Who should I contact if I need any help?
Please call/whatsapp PC Dreams’ Customer Support Centre at +65-6303 0535 from Monday – Saturday (Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays) 1000hrs to 1900hrs or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
How do I find the serial number/IMEI number on my device?
Three ways to find your phone’s IMEI or Serial Number:
- IMEI -> Dial *#06# on the keyboard (iOS & Android devices)
- Check the bottom of your product packing box
- On your phone:
Android: Go to [Settings] > [About Phone] >[Status] > [IMEI]
iOS: See this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204073
For more detailed instructions, please refer to the hyperlink below:
How do I turn Off “Find My iPhone/iPad in my iOS device?
For iPhone, and iPad devices that use iOS 7 and above, you must disable the “Find My iPhone/iPad/” function before the start of the trade-in transaction.
- Go to the device’s “Settings” and go to “iCloud”.
- If “Find My iPhone” is turned on, tap the slider to turn it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap “Turn Off.”
- Verify that “Find My iPhone” has been turned off.
How do I reset my device to factory settings?
For Android 5.0 or newer devices, you must reset the device to factory settings and erase all your data before collection of the device:
- Ensure the device is connected to the Internet/ mobile network
- Open Google Settings
- Under “Personal,” select “Backup and reset.” You may need to enter your pattern/PIN/ password.
- Under “Personal Data,” select “Factory data reset.”
- Read the information on the screen and select “Reset phone.”
- If the screen is locked, you will need to enter your pattern/PIN/password.
- When prompted, select “Erase everything” to erase all data from your device
- When the device has erased all data, select the option to reboot your device
For iOS devices, please refer to detailed instructions on how to reset your device here